Sunday, October 15, 2006

Can't talk right now... too busy bloggin'!

This is going to be my 30th blog entry, and my first one went out into the ether on October 1st, 2006. That means I've averaged two posts per day, over a two week blogging period. My daughter has complimented me on my output (and been a faithful reader and commenter), and my wife has started teasing me about being obsessed with blogging. I've no idea if most of the friends or co-workers I've pointed toward my blog site have started reading it, since none have left any comments (my guess: many haven't even checked it out yet). I received one comment from someone unknown to me, but it turned out to just be a plug for some other sites that were selling crap (so I deleted the comment).

And yet... I'm finding I'm enjoying the experience. It's good to have a forum, regardless of who comes out to listen. It still remains to be seen whether I'll be able to keep grinding out words once the novelty wears off, but I'm willing to give it a try. Now if only I could find a way to make a living off being verbose, I'd have it made! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generally speaking the best way to gain solid random readership is to go find the readers yourself. Commenting on other blogs is the best way to get people to check your's out, and if they like it they'll usually keep going back to it - especially if you update often.

Hopefully your enthusiasm for blogging doesn't wear off soon! I'm certainly enjoying all this extra reading material.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading...and enjoying. Just waiting fo a post about the Steelers (positive, of course...)

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Steelers... Steelers... is that the Cricket team that plays out of North Worschestshirehamptom? I think they must be!

Hey, I just checked, and the Steelers and my Rangers have the identical record right now: 2 wins and 3 losses! That's so... lousy!