Saturday, October 21, 2006

Plans for the Big 5-0

This is my 46th post, so a few short entries from now I'll be putting blog blather # 50 out there for the world (or two or three people, anyway) to see. For the 25th posting, I included a short story that was based on events from my childhood (but changed enough to possibly make it interesting). I've been thinking about what to do special to mark the next milestone, and got quite intrigued by the concept of writing another short story (this one entirely fictional) but doing it a bit at a time, with each mini-chapter done in a different style. It's one of those things that sounds really exciting to me in terms of being a challenge, but might not work at all, or I simply may not have the skill to pull it off. But I'm willing to give it a try and see what happens.

One technical challenge I have to solve first is: figuring out how (or if) you can link in a blog entry to another of your blog entries, since I'd ideally like to keep building up links, within each subsequent part, to what came before. That's probably my next chore today: investigate!

Update: (And.... we're back!) Let's see if this works. It looks like previous blog posts have unique URLs associated with them, making it possible to just use a regular link tag like I discovered not too long ago. If that works, I should get a link here that will take me down to the Kudos to the Cardinals entry.

Update 2: And it worked! Fantastic!

3 comments:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Exciting!! Can I have a character or a street named after me? Holly Go-Lightly!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Sheesh, now the daughter's posting comments on my blog page as me!! Holly Go-Lightly indeed!

Anonymous said...

50....yikes..I thought I'd missed a birthday of yours. Serialized stories are good. Surprised you aren't writing comics though.