Monday, October 30, 2006

Skipped Chapter 4: Time in a Bottle

[If you haven't already done so, please consider reading Chapter 1: Play Time, Chapter 2: Growing Pains and Chapter 3: The Course of True Love before proceeding with Chapter 4.]

It's not like I needed that stupid job, anyway! I got money left over from dad's estate and I'll just live on that for awhile. If those jerks're gonna get all bent outta shape just cuz I have a drink or two at lunch, screw 'em! Who wants to work with a buncha uptight pricks, anyway? I'm glad to be leavin' all that crap... all that lousy, mind-numbin', ass-kissin' crap behind! No more fillin' out sick day reports in triplicate, no more gettin' my head chewed off for bein' a few minutes late for meetings, no more fuckin' lectures from ol' Stewie! I'm sicka alla that... that...

Yeah, I'm just gonna sit here in this comfy chair, enjoy a little JD on the rocks, an' think about alla the stuff I'm done with. Like, OK... I'm done with Kate. Well, OK, maybe she was done with me first! But still! No more workin' so hard everyday to make like I didn't know she'd dump me in the end, on accounta knowin' it before we even got married! God damn stupid green piece of crap, showin' me stuff I never asked to see! Never wanted to see. Never shoulda seen. I shoulda been on that school trip. Why can't I stop dreamin' about the ones who...

Nah, that's stupid thinkin'! What's it matter? On the trip, not on the trip, whatsa the difference? Here I sit, just me, and JD, and we couldn't be happier! I ain't even missed Kate that much over the last six months, so who cares? She's got herself a new man, and surprise! he's a doctor! Didn't see that one comin', much, did I? Course I did! Whatta I look like to you? Stupid? I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid, stupid! Hah! I'm with Stupid. Stupid is as stupid does. Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Huhhhhhh. I'm tired. I wonder what Laurie's up to. Maybe I'll call her. Where's that cellphone? Why's it always goin' missin'? Jesus, at least you could find phones before... now they're always fallin' between the cushions and behind the bed and... Aw never mind, Laurie'd just rag on me for drinkin' anyway and who needs that noise? I'm better off here by myself anyway. Just me and... where'd I put that bottle? Here, bottle bottle... Oh there you are! Tried to hide, didn'ja, but I found ya!

What was I gonna do again? I was gonna... no, that's not it. I was lookin' for somethin'. What the Hell was I lookin' for? Hey, look at that! I musta been lookin' for my li'l green buddy, my li'l now-you-see-me, now-you-don't magic whatchamacallilt, cuz there you are! Look atchoo! Sittin' right there on my table, all innocent like, like you didn't just appear outta nowhere, like I could reach right over and... nah, I don't think so, buddy! I don't even think yer really there. Maybe you were never there. Maybe I been imagin' you all along.

Now what are you...? Oh no you don't. Don't! I don't wanna see no more stuff from the future! Oh, so that's the way it's gonna be, huh? That wasn't much of a vision, you know what I'm sayin'? Just a big white light.. oooh, scary! I'm shakin' now! Go toward the light, Richie! Yeah, I'll get right on that! You know what? Yer fulla shit, that's what!

Ohhh, and now yer gone again! Did I hurt yer feelin's this time? Well, guess what? I don't care! I don't care if yer right or if yer wrong, or if you saved my life or if you screwed up my Kate.. I just don't care anymore! I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy my only friend in the world, Mr Jack Daniels, and to Hell with any green bullshit things that don't even exist! I got everythin' I need right here and nothin' else matters right now.

Maybe I'll watch a li'l TV if I can just find that remote...

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Very good. Yep that sounds like old Garibaldi ;)

Anonymous said...

Garibaldi?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

B5 reference. Michael Garibaldi is a character who's an alcoholic but has cleaned up his act by the time the series starts. Late in the series he falls off the wagon again, after some particularly traumatic events occur in his life.