Saturday, October 07, 2006

Why blog? (Chapter One)

This was almost my first post. Well, not this post exactly, but an attempt to answer the question. Otherwise, why blog? But I decided against it, going instead with the phonetically-similar but thematically-different "try blog." Then maybe I'd discover an answer, instead of guessing.

So far, a week or two into the experiment, I've been reminded of one thing. It's good to have an outlet. I used to write short stories, when I had more free time. Not to be published (they never were). Not even to be read (occasionally, they were). But just to write, to get the flotsam and jetsam out of my head, to give me a chance to convert ideas into words, and string words into sentences, and construct sentences into paragraphs, and trick paragraphs into becoming the expression of my ideas. The creative impulse, fulfilled.

Is blogging really going to scratch that itch? Too early to say. But it has potential.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I blog because it's fun!