Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Why can't all TV shows be as interesting as "Lost"?

I just finished watching the Season 3 premiere, so it's probably just adrenaline talking now. But I just love, Love, LOVE a show that makes me hit Pause every few minutes so my wife and I can discuss what we just saw. Tonight's episode will undoubtedly force many of us Lost-causes to re-examine much of what we've seen and believed in the first 2 seasons, without wandering into "it was all a dream" territory which of course is the ultimate cheat. Bottom line, though, is: a TV show that makes me think is worth the $75/month we pay for cable.

That, and baseball playoffs in HD!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

makes you hit what?? your wife?? lol just kidding. see my post for my thoughts on the episode.

Tammy said...

PS. I think you might find this interesting. It's a little blog entry by one of the ex-Buffy writers talking about how they split up the task of writing a TV episode among a whole staff of writers.

http://www.whedon.info/article.php3?id_article=18389

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I swear I typed "hit < Pause >" but either I missed the 2nd word, or... those little angle brackets were translated by the blog software as meaning "don't bother showing anything typed between us because it couldn't possibly be important".