Monday, December 29, 2008

Biking Streak Reaches An Amazing 36 Months!

I'd all but given up on extending my biking streak beyond the 35-month mark, especially once snow arrived in mid-November and stuck around for weeks and weeks. However, with the rain and double digit highs over the past weekend, most of the snow was gone as of this morning. When I saw that, and noticed a beautiful 1 degree temperature amidst the sunshine, I decided to bike downtown to pick up last week's comics. Although I had to do a lot of dynamic route adjustments along the way to get around flooding, ice patches and snow piles, it wasn't a bad trip at all. In fact, it wouldn't even qualify as one of the Top 5 Hardest Rides of the year!

And just like that, I've now completed 3 years of biking at least once each month. I don't know that I'll be able to push it any further than 36 months, but I've now got that feather in my cap, at any rate.

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

Very nice!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

It must be January or February where I always get the pictures of you on your bike heading out in the snow! Looking forward to another pic!